You probably do not give too much thought to the parts of a refrigerator until it stops cooling, or before it comes time to buy a new one. In order to get the most use possible from this important appliance it can be nice to understand exactly how a refrigerator keeps food cool—and Infinity Appliance Repair is here to explain.
Continue reading to find out all you might need to know concerning how refrigerators work, how it cools your food and drinks and if it’s the time to call refrigerator repair Philadelphia.
Parts of a Refrigerator
You will not find too many homes that do not have a refrigerator in the kitchen. It has been a must-own household appliance for a lot of years. A residential refrigerator stores food and drinks at the best temperature, to eliminate spoiling and limit the growth of bacteria. The cycle of refrigeration works by transferring the heat from inside of the refrigerator to the outside, using principles of condensation and evaporation.
The primary components of a refrigerator are. For questions or service call Infinity Appliance Repair:
A compressor is a combination of a motor and a pump, and it is responsible for the circulation of refrigerant in the cooling system.
The compressor is a very important part of a refrigerator. Homeowners should call a professional company if the compressor is broken.
The refrigerator condenser is located on the back outside panel of the refrigerator and is there to release the heat absorbed inside the refrigerator out in the surrounding air.
The evaporator is attached on the inside of a refrigerator where it absorbs warmth trapped inside of it, thereby reducing the temperature inside the refrigerator.
Once an evaporator stops working, it is time to enlist a professional. You should not wait too long.
Liquified coolant is transferred through a capillary tube which serves as an expansion device as it cools the gas, thereby turning the gas into a liquid.
A refrigerator thermostat regulates the current temperature in the interior of the refrigerator, beginning a new cooling period as it is needed.
A thermostat in a refrigerator is often prone to malfunction. Troubleshoot and hire a contractor in Philadelphia for repair right when a problem happens.
How Does Refrigeration Work?
1. When the temperature inside a refrigerator rises higher than the set point sensors alert the refrigerator compressor to start, and the cool down begins. The unit attracts the cold liquified refrigerant, pressurizes and condenses it, and raises the temperature, turning it into a gas.
2. The compressor guides the heated gas towards the condenser coils on the back of the refrigerator, where it comes into contact with warmer temperature in the kitchen and reverts to a liquified form.
3. The cooled refrigerant then continues its journey towards the refrigerator evaporator component, traveling through the many coils on the interior of the refrigerator and freezer section.
4. The refrigerant absorbs the hot air from within the appliance, thereby cooling the temperature until it has reached the optimal set point.
5. The liquid then evaporates, and will turn back to a gas form, and returns to the compressor so it can then continue the cooling cycle.
Refrigeration is often found in quite a few applications and large appliances, this includes heat pumps, air conditioners, refrigerators and residential freezers. By extracting heat from one area and then relocating it to elsewhere the cycle of refrigeration helps cooling your house, creates a perfect environment for food that is perishable, and also helps with the manufacturing and storage of a lot of different products and goods.
Need Refrigerator Repair?
Think your refrigerator require professional attention? Time to schedule service with Infinity Appliance Repair.
Infinity Appliance Repair will service nearly all standard models of refrigerators – including restaurant models, stand-alone and side-by-side.Our licensed appliance repairmen in Philadelphia undergo training to troubleshoot and repair issues with cooling, malfunctioning ice makers, condensation problems, puddles of water and leaks, light bulbs, touch panels, smart systems and countless other malfunctions. We know refrigerator repair! 100% satisfaction guaranteed!
OTHER REFRIGERATOR RESOURCES:
Copyright ©2023  Philly Appliance Repair